(Home heating oil is #2 Fuel Oil)
If you have an 80,000 btuh gas furnace, regardless of efficiency, it will cost you $1.77 per hour to operate.
- at 140 cents per litre, 1,000 btus of oil costs 3.79 cents
If your furnace is equipped with a
.75 gph nozzle, it will cost you $3.94 per hour to
- at 32 cents per kilowatt 1,000 btus of electricity costs 9.38 cents
The worst way to heat by far. Any
kind of electric heater/furnace that requires 80,000 btuh of
energy (the same amount as a typical gas
furnace) would cost $7.50 per hour to operate.
- at 78 cents per cubic metre, 1,000 btus of natural gas costs 2.21 cents
Energy Price Comparison *
* Prices used in this comparison are based on actual prices paid by
Flamborough area customers in the last 6 months - Calculations
capture all billing charges including HST
#2 Fuel Oil
If you have an 80,000 btuh propane furnace, regardless of the efficiency, it will cost you $2.89 per hour to operate.
- at 85 cents per litre, 1,000 btus of propane costs 3.61 cents